Country Marketing Manager
Over 800 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
The Country Marketing Manager (CMM) will be a key member of the country leadership team. This role will adapt global program strategies for the local market and develop market-specific campaigns and initiatives to reach the community at scale — increasing awareness, product engagement, and sentiment in the country.
The Country Marketing Manager is an experienced marketing professional who will drive integrated marketing strategies and initiatives in Germany. The ideal candidate will show ability to bring creativity and innovative thinking, grounded in a test-and-learn approach as well as the ability to grow product use in their country.
The Country Marketing Manager will be responsible for creating and managing large scale and innovative consumer marketing initiatives, with a focus on content, campaigns, and events.
This role will require an extensive amount of relationship-building — from forging strategic relationships with external partners and vendors to developing deep partnerships with key internal cross-functional partners and stakeholders worldwide. The Country Marketing Manager must be someone one who is a self-starter and thrives in an extremely fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. He/she should possess a strong work ethic, as well as a genuine passion for marketing, advertising and the Instagram mission. The successful candidate for this role will be working closely with a diverse range of characters and teams, so we will need somebody energetic, highly motivated and confident to work well with the team.
The CMM will report to the Marketing leadership team in Menlo Park, California.
- Get teens to engage more with IG by defining and executing fully integrated consumer marketing programs and campaigns that move company metrics at the right ROI (Metrics include: awareness, product engagement, and sentiment in the country).
- Running integrated programs and campaigns brought to life on a variety of platforms and through different media — paid digital and IRL, social media, earned media, and owned media (Integrated programs and campaigns must also include the insights to inform the approach and how we can leverage partners and influencers to amplify the message).
- Ensuring all initiatives are based on solid hypothesis design and are structured to deliver against clear success metrics [awareness, product metrics, sentiment], utilizing a test-and-learn approach.
- Partnering with our internal creative lab (and external agencies) and our Outreach teams (Communications, Partnerships, and Policy) to ensure we have the right messaging integrated throughout all our activities, for the right audience at the right time.
- Working with Research & Analytics to generate insights to influence strategy and inform go-to-market plans.
- Tackling complex challenges with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving them with the global Outreach and Product leadership teams.
- Providing feedback to global product and outreach teams about what the local community thinks we can do to improve the Instagram experience in the country.
- 8+ years of consumer marketing experience in a youth-oriented digital brand with directly transferable experience (media, tech company, entertainment, consumer retail).
- 8+ years of proven strategic and analytical experience designing and executing fully integrated consumer marketing program strategies and plans that move company metrics at the right ROI, including: (1) the insights to inform the strategy, (2) the “big idea” to cut through with consumers, (3) how to reach the consumers directly through digital media & IRL events, (4) the partnerships pillar, (5) the communications/PR pillar, (6) the social media pillar, (7) the influencer pillar, (8) business/investment case - showing reach, impact, ROI, and (9) the analytics/measurement plan to prove impact.
- Knowledge about how teens are consuming media and entertainment and technology.
- Direct and cross-functional management experience, including demonstrated experience being part of a country leadership team.
- Knowledge in building and leading team environments, internally and externally, across varied stakeholders.
- Experience working cross-functionally and building relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience thinking both creatively and strategically.
- Experience working autonomously.
- Bachelors degree.