Marketing & Sales Manager (m/f) – Distribution Transformers HUB Europe
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees www.abb.com The Power Grids division is the world’s leading supplier of power and automation products, systems and service solutions across the power value chain of generation, transmission and distribution enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The division serves utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customer and is focus on addressing key areas such as the integration of renewable energies, growing network complexity, grid automation, and microgrids. This division also offers a full range of consulting, service and asset management solutions based on a lifecycle approach.
We are looking to appoint a high-caliber Marketing & Sales Manager for our range of distribution transformers. Focusing primarily on the European market, you will perform the full range of tasks associated with marketing and sales, the aim being to drive profitable growth in a fast-paced environment. Do your credentials include a strong academic background in engineering and a proven track record in marketing/sales? Are you capable of unlocking new opportunities, including digitalization, in support of our ambitious goals within this line of business? Let’s write the future. Together.
- Manage sales activities by actively interfacing between demand (front-end sales) and supply (factory product marketing) and pursuing business opportunities with a clear tactical and operational focus
- Liaise with Market Managers in support of top-line growth, in addition to preparing/monitoring annual budgets, ensuring that operational requirements are met, and tracking business performance
- Collect market intelligence based on demand-side analysis, implement well-conceived Marketing & Sales strategy, and support process of preparing marketing collateral for various products
- Carry out customer events and handle activities for effective sales promotion, in addition to ensuring customer satisfaction (including further improvement in Net Promoter Score)
- Lead product marketing within factories and support execution of local business plans to achieve defined targets and follow up implementation/adoption of BU and strategic Marketing & Sales tools throughout HUB factories
- Oversee operational sales within HUB, including tendering coordination, pricing setting, project execution and order handling
- Solid degree in Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical), preferably complemented by an MBA, or degree in Business Administration/Economics with excellent technical knowledge
- Several years’ experience, with at least few years in Marketing & Sales, preferably B2B or energy sector, and proven track record in international business
- Self-starting mentality, excellent technical understanding of product portfolio, and ability to drive sales forward in pursuit of financial targets (knowledge of salesforce.com CRM preferable)
- Financial and business acumen together with demonstrable skills in handling market and business intelligence
- Cultural awareness and excellent interpersonal skills as well as fluent command of English is required, additional foreign language skills desirable
- Candidates applying for this role can be based in Germany (Bad Honnef, Brilon or Mannheim), Poland (Lodz) or Spain (Zaragoza) depending on suitable applicant location.
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented induction programme, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently and self-reliantly within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunities for personal development once you have completed your induction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalised development programmes with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills continuously.