Solution Sales Manager (m/f) Intelligent Cloud
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
The Solution Sales Manager exists to manage, coach and lead a team of Solution Sales professionals to uncover and support the Business & IT goals of our customers, by driving the solution decision at the customer and provide Business value with the Microsoft Platform, thus securing long-term sustainable Growth for Microsoft!” Take the opportunity to help reinvent productivity, build the intelligent cloud, and drive personal computing as an EPG Solution Sales Manager.
As a Solution Sales Manager, you will:
Develop, lead, and manage an excellent, high performing solution sales team that helps customers make sound solution decisions and maximize the adoption and value of Microsoft solutions
- Build a diverse team with capabilities needed to achieve current and future business objectives. Balance the development of existing employees while bringing in new external and internal talent.
- Create an inclusive work environment where every employee can effectively engage, and wants to be part of the team. Provide ongoing feedback that helps your direct reports improve their performance.
- Leverage resources to help employees develop skills and support their career interests.
Manage solution excellence and sales excellence to drive the right customer success
- Effectively communicate business strategy and goals and how they align to the team’s work. Plan the team’s work to achieve goals and respond effectively to changing priorities, maintaining team energy and results.
- Hold the team and individuals accountable for results and recognize appropriately.
- Partner and collaborate with other teams on related deliverables, and effectively leverage others in relevant work streams.
- Facilitate an environment of inclusion that leverages diverse perspectives and talent, to better represent and understand our global customers.
Inspire others to take positive actions by being a solution leader and effective influencer
- Through behaviors and actions, set an example and represent the Microsoft Values and the One Microsoft culture
Who we’re looking for…
- Experienced. 8+ years of related experience in Solution Sales leadership roles, managing high performance solution sales teams, and coaching architecture and solution sales required.
- Bold: Strong experience in leadership and executing on Technology Visions preferred.
- Collaborative. Solid interpersonal and cross-group collaboration skills, and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries required.
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, written, product demo, and verbal communication skills required
- Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Passion for technology. Contagious enthusiasm for and a desire to continuously learn new technology required.
- Technical breadth. Experience and knowledge in TCP/IP networking, enterprise-scale experience with cloud a hybrid infrastructures, heterogeneous client operating system and device environments, productivity solution architectures and design, and migrations.
- Enterprise Architectures. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft’s enterprise architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, or in Business Administration required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling desired.
- Additional training or education in Enterprise Architecture preferred.