Sales Manager Northern Europe
Fashion icon Karl Lagerfeld is globally renowed for his cutting-edge, aspirational and relevant approach to style. Under his creative direction, the KARL LAGERFELD fashion house is rooted in a DNA that s accessible-luxe and cool; its signature aesthetic combines timeless classics with a modern, rock-chic edge.
KARL LAGERFELD's portfolio includes ready-to-wear for men and women, childrenswear, bags and small leather goods. Additional collections include watches, eyewear, footwear, perfumes, candles and fashion jewellery. In 2016 the company launched KARL LAGERFELD PARIS which brings Parisian-inspired styles to North America. The brand also introduced bridal fine jewellery and will launch a men‘s tailored collection in North America 2017.
The Sales Manager (SM) will be based in our HQ in Amsterdam and will report directly to the Sales Director. You will be responsible for the growing and managing wholesale channels through implementation and management of innovative strategies, in addition to planning and directing the activities of the wholesale sales department and its team members.
- Territories: main focus on DACH region, UK, Scandinavia and France (department store, digital and multibrand networks);
- Identify develop, and grow new channels, increasing wholesale market penetration in Northern region;
- Develop and implement marketing and growth strategies for each wholesale channel. Develop specific territory plans and selling models to ensure growth in all revenue streams;
- Manage agreements with key distributors and major department stores;
- Sets vision, strategy, and seasonal sales targets with the sales team;
- Closely work with the sales teams to ensure sales targets are achieved;
- Organize and run the Paris & several international showrooms;
- Develop key performance indicators together with the Area Manager and ensure sales targets are achieved within the different channels;
- Analyze and understand industry and company trends and market data to provide channel-specific qualitative and quantitative feedback for the management, wholesale, and merchandising teams.
- BS degree
- 8+ plus years‘ experience in Wholesale and Retail, ideally in the Premium Luxury Fashion Industry;
- Strong knowledge of and network in DACH, UK and Scandinavia region, Eastern Europe and France are a plus;
- Experience in Accessories (mainly bags) distribution, Ready to Wear is a plus;
- Strong track-record in maintaining significant customer relationships and identifying new business opportunities;
- Experience in expanding Wholesale/Department Store business;
- Able to create and continually improve a streamlined sales process, resulting in faster sales cycles, high volumes of new business and improved close rates
- Possesses strong but subtle negotiation skills with a consultative approach
- Committed to excellence and highly results driven, creative and analytical
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including verbal, written and listening
- Fluent German and English
- Strong MS Office skills
- Ability to travel up to 60%