Director – Southern Europe Markets
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 15 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to our +15 million customers requires moving fast with micro services, Agile processes and autonomous teams and using cutting-edge, open source technologies. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
The Markets organization is responsible for the local steering of Zalando’s commercial units. We work with colleagues from various departments such as Marketing, Pricing, Merchandising, Commercial Controlling, Consumer Insights and Operations. We are known for fast alignment between the functions and local decision making to make our customers happy.
As Director of the Southern Europe Markets you will lead a team of 30-40 direct reports and you will report into the VP Markets.
▪ Define the Region organization strategy and focus areas, including strategic decisions and business plan objectives to ensure customer satisfaction
▪ Take responsibility for the definition of the local value proposition and accountability for its translation into functional KPIs/SLAs or OKRs
▪ Work with the Marketing leads and the Retail lead to aggregate and prioritize local customer and commercial needs (i.e., assortment, innovation, branding, online marketing, operations, etc.) for the respective market/region
▪ Take accountability for and manage all integrated market P&Ls within the Region organization, including short- and long-term sales forecasting as well as the local cost lines for marketing costs, strategic pricing, coupon rate, logistics costs, payment costs and customer care costs
▪ Through thorough KPIs analysis, ranging from marketing to operations, steer daily/weekly business performance on a market level to capture commercial opportunities
▪ Lead a team of local marketeers and retail experts by counselling, mentoring, and guiding team members, and ensuring skill and career development
▪ Challenge Marketing leads on all marketing-related decisions that aim to attract the local customer base and ensure actions are in line with Zalando’s overall vision
▪ Guide the Marketing leads to drive in-season optimisation at market level to ensure that monthly topline, margin and category mix targets are achieved
▪ Together with the other region Directors, ensure collaboration and mutual goals between regions and the FS convenience, DX, and categories functions
- You're proud of an above-average university degree in economics, engineering, statistics, management or comparable qualification
- You have gained 10-15 years of work experience in consumer-oriented commercial leadership role; Ideally General Management scope and within an Ecommerce setting
- You have a proven ability to drive operational retail execution; a hands-on commercial operator
- You are a strategic commercial thinker; translate customer needs and commercial opportunities to a sound commercial plan that yield results on both short-term and mid-term.
- You have strong analytical and conceptual skill set ; Ability to (re)set commercial retail framework for the organization
- You have outstanding P&L management capabilities to deliver on ambitious goals (including planning, monitoring and taking actions)
- An in-depth understanding of E-commerce
- You have a broad experience in leading teams through inspirational leadership and coaching
- Your team can rely on you to be proactive and to have a quick grasp of new tasks
- You think fast, work proactively and always keep on top of things even in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Communicating with your colleagues in English is a breeze. But you will also have language skills in Italian/Spanish (ideally 2 of the 3 would be great).
YOU ARE OFFERED
Culture. A workplace where trust, empowerment and feedback are valued; positive, inspiring working atmosphere.
Perks. Competitive salary; great shopping discount on a wide range of products on zalando.com; discounts from external partners; office in the heart of Berlin; public transport discounts; relocation assistance for internationals; municipality services; flexible working times; family service and parent & child rooms*; additional holidays & volunteering time off; diverse sports and health offerings*. (*Partly, depends on location).
Peers. International, accomplished experts.
Want to join us? Then reach out to our recruiter Lucy Dobbie.
läuft aus am