Hitachi Vantara Corporation
Director of Solution Engineering / Pre-sales, Central Europe
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society – what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.
DIRECTOR OF SOLUTION ENGINEERING / PRE-SALES, CENTRAL EUROPE
in GLOBAL SALES, CENTRAL EUROPE
We are a global ($4bn) Data Solutions and Services firm, with portfolio spanning hardware, cloud, big data, analytics and IoT. Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people - our culture that values respect, diversity, and collaboration.
This is a leadership role in our Digital Insights business and requires a working knowledge of technologies such as Data Integration, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, AI and IoT together with a demonstrable track record of delivering complex services led solutions. The role reports to the VP Digital Insights EMEA and Global VP of Solution Engineering for Digital Insights.
You will work alongside the Global VP of Solution Engineering for Digital Insights, using your expert business knowledge and technical acumen, you will support, drive and create repeatable revenue generating activities in the region.
- Ongoing leadership and development of a high-performance presales team across EMEA comprised of Solutions Engineers and Data Scientists
- Builds an environment and culture that supports true innovation, thought-leadership and best practice sharing
- Provide leadership and coaching to the region based on knowledge of industry and vertical market trends, regional business economics and strategic issues
- Create technical resource plan for the region by aligning resources to deliver on commitments and drive results
- Work with key stakeholders from across the business to support the end-to-end process from sales through to delivery ensuring robust processes and procedures are in place for seamless delivery of projects
- Provide guidance and direction on technical account strategies that align to customer business requirements and goals
- Collaborate with the EMEA VP Digital Insights to prioritize and target team opportunities and strategic big-bets
- Foster a culture that maintains relationships with key customers to facilitate on-going flow of information concerning current and new solution needs, product development initiatives and market conditions that impact solution and product development
- Works with Partners, System Integrators and other eco-system organisations to build differentiated products and services to better serve our joint customers
- Engage with high-level customer and partner decision makers to understand customer business issues and bring the right resources to bear in developing and proposing solutions
- Work closely with product management, product marketing and engineering to collaborate on business strategy
- Acts as a figurehead for the team, fostering a culture of personal and professional development and clear succession planning
- Customer focused and leading from the front, the SE Director helps support sales strategy and execution for the region, manages key customer relationships and participates in the closure of strategic opportunities
- Acts as an evangelist inside and outside of the company and is a recognised as an industry thought-leader presenting at conferences, forums and events
- Maintains an active digital footprint across social media platforms to support the business aspirations sharing content is current, relevant and thought provoking and sometimes fun
- A strong technical background, with an understanding of software, ideally within Data, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, AI and IoT.
- Extensive experience of senior level stakeholder engagement on complex IT and Business led opportunities
- Proven experience in building, training, motivating and managing high-performing presales teams
- Strong people management skills acting as a role model and mentor with strong listening and coaching skills
- A track record of building a winning culture and mindset through continuous transformation
- Experience of presales management across a geographical region
- Demonstrable knowledge of ROI and TCO principles in delivering real business outcomes
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong communication skills with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills - fluent in German & English
- Highly organized with close attention to detail
- Degree educated or equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
läuft aus am