Technical Sales Director (m/f)
Provide technical pre sales (80%) and post sales (20%) support to the sales teams, working with end customers directly in technical discussions. Work with PLM to influence and stay current with the latest internal product development roadmap and work with end customers to understand and influence their RAN network architecture and roadmap. Provide technical support that facilitates the marketing and sales of CommScope products so that corporate goals for quality, growth, market share, and profitability are met. Supports sales and marketing efforts concerning the installation, optimization, and general use of CommScope products. Responsible to provide wireless network analysis through working with outside suppliers. Work to develop relationships with senior managers at the customer.
Duties & Responsibilties:
Primary Contact/Style of Contact
- Provide technical support for pre- and/or post-sales, develop customer solutions, influencing customer roadmaps and internal product development roadmaps.
Primary Job Focus
- Develop technical solutions, provide wireless network analysis,
- Work with sales and marketing to provide pre- and post-sales wireless system engineering support in order to provide additional value the customers. This will include traveling to customer facilities with sales and marketing personnel when additional technical expertise is required.
- Support the roll out of new products with external presentations focused on the technical differentiation aspects of the product and value proposition.
- Create, enhance, and deliver solutions presentations for end-user customers and consultants geared toward enhancing sales of CommScope’s product lines through discussions of current systems technologies. Contribute new material back to the larger technical community for broader use. Influence business unit product roadmaps to create value for Commscope and provide solutions for the end customers.
- Provide engineering support to regional/global key focus customer base and sales personnel by answering technical questions concerning outside wireless products performance, applications, and electrical/mechanical characteristics. Act as liaison between regional/global customers and BU product line management by forwarding customer technical requests and coordinating communication and follow-up with customers on results of requests.
- Provide feedback to product management and design engineering on current market trends and wireless system architectures/ design features that will improve the marketability of CommScope’s product line. Work closely with engineering, sales and marketing for the design and development of new products and solutions.
- Contribute to product marketing literature for new technology and unique solutions. Support sales and marketing with media activities focused on key customers. This may include writing articles for publications, assisting with advertising or preparing technical documentation such as industry white papers or best practices.
Role in the Sales Process
- Participate in front end early business development discussions with customers in partnership with account managers.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with customer engineers and management
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in technical studies (Electrical Engineering, RF engineering, Telecommunications Engineering is essential
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience is essential
- Customer facing experience or worked at an operator is essential
- Native German and fluent English speaker – this is essential
- Excellent written and oral skills and must possess excellent presentation and hands-on demonstration skills suitable for both large and small audiences is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills is essential
- Results focused and be able to work in a dynamic environment in which they will often be called upon to communicate with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams is essential.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant wireless RF path products is an advantage
- Ability to motivate and encourage others is an advantage
- Able to manage outside partners to provide network analysis, as well as perform analysis ourselves internally is an advantage
- Previous management experience is an advantage
läuft aus am