DNV GL SE
Sales Manager in Germany (Hamburg/Oldenburg)
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL is seeking a highly motivated Sales Manager with expertise in the renewable energy industry to join our team in Germany (Hamburg or Oldenburg). The position is a full-time position that reports to the Head of Section, Renewables Advisory Germany (RAG).
As a Sales Manager, the candidate will support the Renewables Advisor Germany Team and the Head of Section.in all Sales and Business Development activities. The Sales Manager will spend most of the time identifying and creating business opportunities to develop order intake and direct project work for the respective team. In particular, the Sales Manager will find a stretch between the following main areas:
- Direct and target driven sales: The position requires a straight forward hands-on mentality to achieve order intake for the unit/teams and achieve the revenue and profit targets. Especially the identification and follow up with leads and opportunities as well as the preparation of proposals and bids in cooperation with the team members is essential. (Get stuff done and achieve the current targets!)
- Business development and strategic thinking: The position further offers the possibility to drive decisions towards a more sustainable and profitable service portfolio and to make a well-informed decision to focus on specific customers and market segments and develop the required skills and tools for the services of the future portfolio. (Monitor the market status and future changes to initiate and develop the company towards a better market position!)
- The Sales Manager will support the Head of Section RAG by leading and building strong business relationships and customer contacts with the main objective to gain order intake.
- The Sales Manager will be responsible for managing the internal lead to contract process and plan budgets and resources during the sales stage.
- The role will, in addition, require the preparation and maintenance of relevant sales materials, proposals and other required tools (for example but not limited to reference lists, customer database, ...)
- As part of the daily work, it is expected that the Sales Manager will be involved in technical advisory tasks during relevant decision points (Handover meetings, closure and feedback meetings which may include project analysis, scope assessment, cost review, and project finance understanding.)
- The Sales Manager will plan, coordinate and eventually participate in industry events or organise senior and principal team members to participate and ensure that the company and service offerings are well-known and well-respected in the industry sector.
- Key Account Management: The position is also including the additional role of acting as Key Account Manager for a limited number of designated accounts.
- Good knowledge and overview of the onshore wind, offshore wind market in Germany in the non-residential, multi-MW class is expected. Knowledge about PV and energy market will be beneficial.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the energy sector (preferable in consultancy or engineering companies; non-residential sector; Europe and CIS markets).
- Strong affinity to business development and sales tasks with good knowledge and overview of the wind market in Germany in the non-residential, multi-MW class.
- Ideally an existing relationship to key stakeholders in the market area described above
- Experience in technical due diligence processes as well as project finance is required.
- The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations and emails.
- German and English skills: business-fluent, other languages, e.g. Polish, French and Spanish are a plus factor.
- Willingness to travel across the country and internationally.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering (or Engineering if the commercial track record is visible); Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to managing multiple customer requests and bids in parallel to ensure they are completed within timescale and efficiently.
- Focus and the ability to drive decisions in an international and interdisciplinary company environment.
- Go the extra mile to get a target and task done. Exceed customer expectations.
For this position, DNV GL offers several benefits to include, e.g. flexible work time, up to four days of home office per month, Company Pension Insurance Scheme and subsidies to canteen costs and local public transport.
Working within a team of highly skilled and motivated energy experts who are looking forward to learn and grow with this additional sales support position. Within the DNV GL Group, the unrivalled expert team of worldwide renown experts can be accessed and used to facilitate the growth of the local team.
Please be informed that you may be requested to provide DNV GL additional documents for a background check.
Please submit your CV in English.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers employment of qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture, and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
läuft aus am