Business Development Representative (m/f)
AECOM Nuclear & Environment are recruiting for a Business Development Representative to join the Management Services business unit, to be based in Germany to cover the German and Swiss regions.
The successful person will act as in-country (Germany/Switzerland) representative supporting Business Development activities focussed on securing contracts for reactor decommissioning and/or repository/waste management business and then to be actively involved in the execution of that secured business.
The successful candidate will ideally be chartered or incorporated engineer and will have strong technical background, excellent communication skills, market understanding and proven client management experience to create new opportunities and a track record of successful project execution.
They will have experience of working independently developing a range of Nuclear industry proposals to meet clients and market needs and promote AECOM within the industry.
The role would suit a self motivated individual with strong technical background looking to advance their career in business development, management and project execution.
The role would predominantly be based out of an AECOM office located in Germany, but regular travelling is expected to fulfil the role and communicate with the Senior Business Unit Directors.
The appropriate level of commercial and business development expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standard:
- Responsible for raising the profile of AECOM’s Nuclear and Environment management services across the German and Swiss regions
- Take an active role in work winning, supporting business development activities including the development of client relationships implementing plans for development.
- Liaison with AECOM CAMs to gain visibility of key frameworks and tender opportunities.
- Liaising with other Business Units across AECOM Group to ensure the best skills are identified for providing solutions to meet client requirements
- Support or lead in developing responses to tenders.
- Implementing AECOM commercial, health and safety and quality requirements
- Establishing strong working relationships with other internal teams within AECOM’s Nuclear and Environment division
- Collaborative behaviour and clear communication to broaden the teams links with clients.
- Supporting targeted marketing to key sectors; increasing the teams visibility to clients.
- Assisting in the co-ordination of business development activities across the team.
- Execution of work when won
KPIs within the first year could be along the lines of :
- Introduction to 3-5 key strategic clients
- Development of 3-5 new businesses/projects with existing AECOM clients or frameworks
- Generation of new projects with a total fee of £500k for the first year
- Ideally 10 years proven experience with in the nuclear industry
- Hands on experience of reactor decommissioning (preferably PWR or BWR) – ideally, having successfully led a defined aspect of the decommissioning
- Demonstrable record of achievements (eg. improvements in cost/ schedule/quality of delivery) would be desirable to support credibility
- Safety must be a core quality and priority
- Self-starter and proactive, but able to work within a team
- Good communicator, networker, relationship builder
- Ideally, fluent in written and spoken German. If not fluent, at least competent in conversational German and willing/have the capability to develop language skills sufficiently.
- If not resident in Germany/Switzerland, willing to travel and potentially relocate
- Degree educated in engineering or a scientific discipline.
- Chartered or Incorporate Member of a relevant professional institution.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
läuft aus am