Schenker Europe GmbH
Business Development Director (m/f)
We are looking for Business Development Directors with experience in one or more of the following areas:
Within the Vertical Market, Automotive, Consumer & Retail, Hi-tech and Electronics, Industrial, Healthcare.
The Business Development [BD] department for CL/SCM at the regional level is primarily responsible for developing new business with new and existing customers. It cooperates with the Clusters in a leading or supporting role in the business development process, supporting our targets for achieving at least 8% year-on-year profitable growth. The central team coordinates multi-country BD opportunities across the region.
Joining our team will give you the opportunity to engage with one of the top players in the logistics industry, developing you BD skills and experience in a team with an extensive track record and creating your personal success in this highly competitive environment. We will succeed as a team!
In this position you will be a member of the European Region Business Development Department, reporting to the VP Business Development Europe for CL/SCM.
You will actively approach the market for lead generation and network development in your vertical. You will manage the process of new business acquisition ‘from contact to contract’. You will ensure appropriate involvement of the relevant functions (operations, IT, implementation, finance, commercial) in this development process and act as the ‘deal owner’ throughout the process. You can count on active involvement of the Clusters, the regional functions and senior management.
You will be responsible for achieving your annual target for new business.
As a team we will agree priorities for opportunity selection.
In principle you will focus on your assigned Industry Vertical. However, as a team we will be flexible in taking on opportunities in other selected verticals, as workload may vary by vertical.
As a team we follow the agreed BD process to safeguard our professional standards.
- Identify, initiate and develop new business in the assigned vertical market, priority geographies and target accounts.
- Involved in delivery of M€10+/yr in contracted revenue for the assigned vertical market. (total landed revenue in the region for the assigned vertical market. This target will be established annually and can vary by vertical)
- In close cooperation with the clusters, manage client relationship from contact-to-contract by developing, presenting, selling and negotiating key supply chain solutions.
- Lead and co-ordinate multi country opportunities.
- Generate quality leads in assigned vertical market through own networking activity.
- Develop and present market and sales plan for assigned vertical market.
- Specify requirements and/or be involved in product development for the assigned vertical market.
- Take active role in European BD team and the development of the overall European BD capability.
- Comply with agreed BD process and commercial criteria.
- Be connected with global BD organization and vertical markets.
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in the CL/SCM industry.
- University level education (supply chain or technical university).
- Consulting & presentation skills.
- Solid and proven experience and network in the assigned vertical market.
- Proven track record of sales effectiveness and closing ability.
- Ability to engage with customers at senior level and develop a productive relationship.
- Organizational sensitivity and ability to work effectively in matrix organization.
- Ability to mobilize internal organization around business opportunity at multiple managerial levels.
- Understanding of the financial dynamics of the CL business. Familiar with and able to produce investment business cases (CAPEX process) in cooperation with commercial control.
- Stamina and ability to handle disappointment.
- Creative, curious and resourceful.
- Unquestionable business integrity.
- Strong English language (written and verbal).
- Proficient in relevant computer skills (word, PowerPoint, CRM, excel, Qlikview, CastDPM or similar)
- Ability to travel frequently throughout Europe, and occasionally inter-continental.
Schenker Europe GmbH is the regional management holding for operations in 38 countries with over 40 000 employees and 12 bn. EURO Sales. We offer an exciting career in logistics as well as the opportunity to develop and hone your skills and competence whilst working in a global setting with highly qualified and diverse international teams and professionals. The organization provides a completive remuneration package and offer which is commensurate with the position on offer. Candidates that believe in taking full responsibility and ownership for their role and value a cooperative environment would suit us.
Does this sound like a role that is of interest to you? We look forward to your informative application documents with detail about your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date.
We would welcome applications until the end of September 2017.
läuft aus am